Monday, February 18, 2013

A {Book} I am Making

This weekend, Roben-Marie shared a new class she is offering called "Ripped and Stitched." You can see more about it here. Anyway, I immediately signed up as she is my favorite online instructor. Her classes are inexpensive, she teaches very clearly, her videos are great, and she creates amazing projects. Well, since I had a bit of a stressful week, I told the family that I was going to create all weekend. They could find me in my studio if they needed me--this weekend was mine!

I immediately began watching the videos and creating along the way. I am not done with my book yet but almost. I have the inside pages created, the cover is done, and I just need to put it all together. Today, I thought I would share the book cover. I just finished sewing my fabric yesterday, and I adhered it to my mat board this morning. Getting up at 4 a.m. can be advantageous. LOL! Here is what the book cover looks like (click on the photos to enlarge them):



Pin It

Isn't it awesome? Oh gosh, I love it. I can't wait to get it put together. That's today's goal. So, if you need a little "me" time, check out some of Roben-Marie's classes or any other online instructor you enjoy. It sure can help put a little boost in your day. I will share the entire book once it's done. Thanks for stopping by. Blessings,

12 comments:

Connie Mercer said...

fabulous!!!!

TLady said...

Your book is GORGEOUS PATTER!!!! I'm GUESSING it's a "Prayer Journal?" SUPER JOB!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Fibre frenzi said...

Fabulous book! Well done...

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

This is absolutely beautiful, Patter! I love the layered fabrics and beautiful texture!

Unknown said...

What a neat cover! Love all the texture!

KarenR said...

Your journal turned out gorgeous!! Fantastic work!!

Fleursbydesign said...

Gorgeous book :)

glorygirl said...

This is wonderful! So intrigued to find out what you'll be putting inside!

Izzy Anderson said...

Totally fab. Love how fun and creative this is!

Lynette (NZ) said...

Beautiful. Even more tempted to try this class now!

Diane said...

I am taking the class also and haven't really started yet except for watching the videos. Can't wait to start.
Yours is awesome. Love the title and the beautiful
lace you used on the front. Thanks for sharing...
I have another project to finish first but I will be along soon.

Roben-Marie said...

Your journal is lovely Patter! I like the black accents and your collage pieces are yummy!! Thanks so much for sharing and I really appreciate the credit and link for the class. So glad you enjoyed the workshop!! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails